The Beauty Launch Pod Show shares insights, know-how and advice from industry experts on how to develop a successful beauty business.
Janet interviews beauty brands, retailers and experts across the beauty industry. She delves into the details of how changing trends have influenced the way in which people shop and discusses what it takes to make an impact in this sector.
In this podcast we cover marketing, product development and retail as well as how mindset, positive psychology and your health and fitness are critically important to building a successful business. We aim to educate, inspire, and showcase people who are doing incredible things across the industry.
Through sharing experiences and stories of how people go about launching their beauty brands and how retailers are adapting to accommodate the changes in the marketplace, we can help those on a similar path make things happen.
She is a business growth advisor for Nigel Bottrell’s Entrepreneur circle, she has been featured in the Guardian and the Evening Standard. She trained as a PHD scientist and worked as a forensic scientist prior to setting up her social media consultancy.
Whether you are running a multi-channel business or a direct-to-consumer business, you will certainly have had to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of social media. For a lot of us this can be a complete minefield, that seems to consume a lot of our time, particularly if we are not sure what we are doing.
Listen in as she shares
* The synergies of her role as a forensic scientist and that of running a social media consultancy (more than you would think)!
* The ethos for her company ‘Caring about the human behind the digital’ is all about building authentic relationships online with driving financial results – where art and science merge
* How there is a huge drive for brands to behave authentically online and not to hide behind the corporate veneer, people want to know who they are buying from
* The importance of using video to build your audience, particularly videos that are natural and not highly polished and how they receive a lot more engagement
* The importance of content creation in your business, how it can be time consuming for a small business owner and how she works with clients to productively achieve results online
* More about the key social media trends for 2018 including video, Facebook Watch, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Snapchat, Facebook advertising
Follow Julia on her website
‘As a Queensland-based company, we were determined to tap into the European market and establish a strong presence. From the very beginning, Bespoke Advantage demonstrated a deep understanding of our export goals and objectives. Their comprehensive knowledge of the European market, coupled with their extensive network of contacts, enabled them to connect us with key decision-makers and influential stakeholders in our target countries. Their strategic guidance and insights were invaluable in shaping our export strategy and positioning us for long-term success.’
‘With the assistance of TIQ, we engaged Bespoke Advantage to help us enter the highly competitive but lucrative UK market. During the last few months Janet and her team have worked diligently to introduce and expose Perfect Potion to buyers and retailers we would never have been able to reach being based in Australia.’
‘Janet has a wealth of experience across retail, buying and marketing. She conducted a full strategic review of our cross functional business and the travel retail market to develop a comprehensive buying and quality control strategy that was signed off at board level. I highly recommend her as an asset to any business.’
‘Through Janet’s management skills, expertise and proven track record on the job she successfully managed the purchasing of our retail operations and ensured the integrity of our brands in-stores. Her enthusiasm and total dedication, delivered results in any project she was involved in.’
‘Janet has excellent beauty market knowledge. Level headed with clear vision, direction and the ability to drive business forward, Janet led the teams through a complete product design change advising on what the key marketing messages should be, incorporating her technical knowledge and beauty expertise.’
‘Absolutely fantastic course. Condensed learning from Janet, an expert in developing beauty brands. Also, valuable introductions to expert professionals, in the Masterclass sessions. In 12 weeks, you will learn from Janet, what would take years to learn by yourself. A very worthwhile investment’