Planning for a successful year needs to be done intentionally. By having a positive mindset and setting clear goals and objectives.
We’ve got a magical feeling about this year, this is the first time in a long time that we have started the year feeling excited. With so much in the pipeline, we can hardly wait for the year to unfold. We are also very clear that things don’t happen on their own, that to progress we need to act and to put the wheels into motion. Each year we choose a word that is our overarching message for the year. This year it is FOCUS.
As business owners we all know that working on our businesses is something we should prioritize, finding the time, space and inspiration however to make this happen can often be difficult. That’s where the Bespoke Advantage Beauty Workshops really come into their own. This is your opportunity to surround yourself with creativity, to be inspired and to take your brand up a notch or three! Time to step away from everything that distracts you and to focus on your ideas, your vision and your strategy to move forward. We will be running a lot more workshops, events, masterclasses to train, to guide and to inspire you.
Our brand positioning statement is ‘bringing beauty to life’ and our brand promise is ‘we exist to help you to bring your brand to life’, so we are going to do be doing our utmost to deliver this, in every way possible. If you are looking for motivation, inspiration or expertise, we will be providing this to you in the bucket load for free across our website and on all our social media channels. To ensure that you make the most of this, just follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
A lot of what we have in store for you, is still under wraps so we can’t share the full details with you now, but we will be sharing a sneak preview with you very soon!
What we will leave you with for now are our top ten tips for making this a truly spectacular year:
* FOLLOW A PLAN – ‘If you Fail to Plan, you are Planning to Fail’ Benjamin Franklin. Ensure you have a plan that you and your team can clearly follow, don’t start the year thinking you can make it up as you go along. Equally don’t have such a rigid plan, that you don’t provide room for unexpected opportunities. The idea of a plan is to provide you and your team with clarity, focus, structure. A good plan saves you time so that when unexpected opportunities come along, you have the time to respond wisely to the right opportunities.
* CUSTOMER IS KING – without a customer, you don’t have a business. Listen to your customers, know exactly what they want and ensure that they understand why you are the right person to help them. Allow yourself to be guided by their needs, develop your products and your services to deliver this.
* BE DISTINCTIVE – To stand out in a crowded marketplace, be personal, be relevant and share your passion. People buy into what is most relevant to them.
* BE AUTHENTIC – ‘Be yourself, everyone else is already taken’. Authenticity is very refreshing, show up as your true self and don’t copy others. The benefit of being yourself, is you will automatically stand out as a distinctive brand, after all your competitors can’t copy you if they don’t know what you are going to do next. Through sharing your unique strengths you automatically stand out as different. It is far easier being yourself, and it elevates you and your business in a positive light.
* BUILD A SOLID BRAND IDENTITY – ensure that you have developed a strong brand identity. Work with a designer to create your brand pack – logo, tagline, colour palette, patterns, typography. Craft a strong brand story, know exactly what you stand for.
* CREATE LASTING VALUE – provide your customers with a product or service that makes a difference to their lives. Leave them feeling happy to have worked with you, an end result that provides them with a feel-good factor.
* IMPLEMENT SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES – it is far easier to run your business when you have clear systems and processes, and it saves you and your team considerable time, so plan, plan and then plan again.
* DELEGATE – trust in people, collaborate with like-minded businesses, delegate work to your team to free up your time to really FOCUS on your vision for your business.
* SHARE, SHARE AND THEN SHARE SOME MORE – be open, be honest, share stories, products, behind the scenes videos and inspiration with your customers across your website, social media, videos, podcasts and webinars. Really put yourself out there and build a real relationship with your customers.
* HAVE FUN – “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts.” – Richard Branson. If you are not having fun, what is the point of building your business. You can’t show up every day and deliver, if you are not doing something that makes you truly happy.
Good luck, enjoy and make this a year that you will truly remember!
Unless someone comes from a background in this industry, you wouldn’t know what is required. Not only do I have the support of an experienced team to help me to make things happen and to grow my brand, but I also have a great personal relationship with Janet and her team, working in this way means I have someone to turn to, to share the journey of running a business.